Andrew Holmes, a successful real estate businessman and investor, shares his journey and tips on reaching critical mass – the point where you have enough money and enough assets to pay for yourself for the rest of your life.
Andrew stresses the importance of thinking differently, not letting perfectionism get in the way of progress, and learning from and working with those who are already successful. He shares his experiences working from small investing experiments in college to how his business currently invests and manages property and assets.
Andrew also goes into detail about how to build wealth that is purely cashflow and the difference between investing vs. trading. He talks about stacking the deck in your favor so you can ensure that your investments pay off while managing risks and failures along the way. Looking into the future of the real estate market, he also offers some great insight and information on the current marketplace.
- 2:15 – Andrew shares his background and what drove him and inspired him to be where he is today.
- 6:05 – Importance of being willing to be different and look at things differently.
- 9:34 – Why Andrew turned towards real estate instead of staying in the financial market side.
- 11:45 – The importance of taking a risk and not being afraid of imperfection.
- 14:23 – Going beyond formal education and knowing the importance of apprenticeship and exposure to successful people.
- 15:48 – What flipped the switch and got Andrew to evolve from a real estate agent into a highly successful investor and business owner.
- 19:45 – The concept of critical mass and how it changed how Andrew looked at his work.
- 23:03 – Understanding real estate and how to take care of it so it can take care of you in return.
- 15:25 – Andrew’s thoughts and tips on the future of the current market place.
- 29:30 – How to stack the deck to make sure your investment pays off.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Andrew: Linkedin | Website | Radio Show | Facebook
- Chicago Flipping
- Contact Chicago REIA at firstname.lastname@example.org
- My Life & 1,000 Houses: Failing Forward to Financial Freedom by Mitch Stephen
- Les Brown
- Entrepreneurs Are Made, Not Born by Lloyd Shefsky
- Charlie Munger
- Warren Buffett
- Benjamin Graham
- Mitch Stephen – Moat Theory
Get the Full Episode Transcript: