“What would you do differently if you could go back in time and redo your life?” I get asked this question often. Today, I share my answer. For those who want to know what to pass on to their kids and the younger generations, listen in to learn what I would tell my younger self.
You will hear how to chase dreams and—most importantly—how to chase freedom. I also give my best advice for dealing with your weaknesses, how to avoid lifestyle creep, and more.
- 4:39 – Why we choose our careers and how that plays into our passions.
- 7:01 – Why I wouldn’t go into dentistry if I could do it all again.
- 9:00 – The importance of understanding your strengths and weaknesses.
- 12:05 – What really helped me get started in both dentistry and real estate.
- 13:35 – The role of real estate in my story and what it taught me early on.
- 16:13 – The most important thing to pay attention to when it comes to lifestyle.
- 18:51 – How I rebuilt my life in my 40s.
- 19:55 – What you can do to build skill sets and make better career decisions.
Featured on the Show:
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace the earned income you need from your practice with investment income in as little as 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up markets and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: