Today on the podcast, you’ll get to listen in to another live conversation that I had at a recent Freedom Founder’s event. Chris Litzler is the Senior Vice President of Capital Markets for Marcus and Millichap, and is a stand-out in his knowledge of the commercial real estate space. As we witness the massive upheavals in the commercial market, Chris is here to provide insight into the capital markets so we have a better understanding of what steps to take (or not take) next.
Listen in to hear about what Chris does and what he hears from both sides of the capital markets. You’ll learn key observations he has made that could help investors navigate buying and selling in the current and near-future markets, what is allowing some deals to work, and what’s causing others not to work—or just not be worth it.
- 2:40 – What Chris is hearing from the different sides.
- 4:58 – What might be happening to the ability to get leverage (and what to do next).
- 8:10 – The loans that have the most risk today.
- 9:37 – The main things that are making things work (or not work) lately.
- 11:22 – How Chris’ buy criteria have changed and what he’s looking at in order to buy.
- 15:16 – The deal with construction loans.
- 18:31 – How to avoid defaulting.
- 20:48 – The differences in transaction volume lately.
- 22:42 – Possible downsides to financing.
- 26:10 – The asset class that will have the most trouble in the future.
Featured on the Show:
- Chris Litzler: LinkedIn | Email
- Marcus & Millichap
- Reading the Tea Leaves – Credit, Financing and Leverage Considerations in a Disruptive Market – Chris Litzler: Ep #410
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace the earned income you need from your practice with investment income in as little as 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up markets and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: