Alastair Macdonald is back for a second round and if you missed his first episode, be sure to catch episode #435. In this episode, we will be dealing with the many labor force issues that came about during COVID. From the helicopter money that let a lot of people stay home to people who just don’t want to go back to the office, we will talk about how you can find good people even in an era like this where we’re going into a recession.
We also discuss relevancy and how businesses can stay relevant while being a lighthouse to their community. Alastair sheds light on how to play the long game rather than focusing on the short game and how that helps you outlast the rest. You will also hear about how important it is to know when to go against herd mentality and zig when others are zagging.
- 4:19 – How to build a wall around yourself and business by also protecting the people around you.
- 8:30 – Why it’s so worth it to encourage your community to start thinking about how they will take care of family members who fall on hard times.
- 10:34 – Our responsibility to our community to “report from the field.”
- 12:30 – Examples of how companies are navigating elements of the coming recession well.
- 16:00 – How dentists are able to better prepare for transitional and recessionary times.
- 18:46 – Why now is a great time to be generous with your community.
Featured on the Show:
- Alastair Macdonald: TEDx | DSN | Facebook
- Episode #435
- David Phelps: Website
- Freedom Founders Discovery Call
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: