Today’s guest has become the go-to valuation specialist for people who want to achieve more in their real estate investing business. Since 2000, Mark (MJ) Jackson has been able to close real estate transactions totaling in the millions, and he created InvestorCompsOnline to help other investors do the same.
MJ has spoken on the topic of real estate valuation across the US and internationally in Switzerland, Scotland, Australia, Japan, and more. He joins us today to share his expertise in investing, as well as his advice on reading the market and how to invest prudently.
- 6:40 – How to become an appraiser.
- 9:45 – The two types of appraisers.
- 14:01 – What InvestorCompsOnline is all about.
- 16:29 – How to get access to information about who’s buying and selling, the different levels of price points, etc.
- 21:37 – Why it’s dangerous to try reading market data without expertise in interpreting it.
- 25:02 – The phases of buying and selling (and where you want to be within them).
- 28:24 – How to invest prudently in today’s market.
- 37:10 – When investors should look to create alliances in areas that require a long turnaround time.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: