Ep #225: Grant Schuette – The 7 Key Elements of a Valuable Business
What makes a valuable business? How can you gauge and evaluate where your business and other businesses rank? Grant Schuette, director of the Oxford Strategic Group and leader of their mergers and acquisitions, joins the show today to discuss how to understand the true value of a business.
Listen in to learn how to stand out to buyers and get the most out of your business. You’ll gain valuable knowledge on what dictates valuation, the changes going on in the market, and much more.
- 1:32 – Grant’s perspective on valuable businesses.
- 2:37 – Who he is and what he does best in the business world.
- 4:15 – What has changed over the past few years and where private practices fit in.
- 6:39 – How debt will impact new dentists entering the market.
- 7:49 – What buyers are looking for in the market right now.
- 10:07 – What makes you stand out.
- 12:47 – How to transfer authority cleanly when buying or selling a practice.
- 13:56 – What it means to have reliable upstream and downstream suppliers.
- 15:59 – What to pay attention to when it comes to valuation.
- 19:55 – The importance of systems and structures being in alignment.
- 21:23 – The data that you need to have.
- 24:42 – The best time to sell your business.
Featured on the Show:
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.