Ep #213: Mike Zlotnik and Ryan Parson – Real Estate Syndications – What You Need to Know Before Investing
This episode is all about alternative investments, namely syndications. Here to help me cover what you need to know before you start investing are two people who are incredible in the industry, Mike Zlotnik and Ryan Parson. Mike serves as the Fund Manager at Tempo Opportunity Fund, while Ryan is the Chief Investment Officer of the Mile Marker Club and Heritage Capital.
Listen in to hear the three of us break down the basics of syndications, including the benefits and potential caveats of these investments. With their combined specialties of real estate debt and equity investments, investment analysis and portfolio management, risk management, acquisition of REOs, and lots more, Mike and Ryan share key insights you don’t want to miss.
- 3:10 – An overview of what syndications are and how they work.
- 5:02 – What crowdfunding is and how it relates to syndications and specific funds.
- 7:20 – The benefits of utilizing syndications as an investment vehicle.
- 9:48 – Potential caveats of syndications.
- 13:05 – The three core elements of any private investment.
- 15:34 – What you need to know as an investor.
- 18:31 – Defining “pref” from an investment standpoint.
- 21:22 – An important note about cumulative non-compounded pref.
- 22:38 – How the current marketplace has affected the overall alternative investment space in terms of syndications and funds.
- 25:39 – The best strategy in a recessionary environment.
- 30:50 – Benefits that Mike and Ryan see in collaboration.
Featured on the Show:
- Mike Zlotnik: Website | Podcast | LinkedIn
- Ryan Parson: Website | LinkedIn
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: