Ep #210: Bernard Reisz – Building Wealth Through Self-Directed Alternative Investments
We can’t be experts in everything, so we try to find advisors who can help us with the subject matter we don’t know as well. Bernard Reisz is a CPA who provides an integrative approach to tax and financial planning for real estate pros that focuses on unique profiles and opportunities. He took notice of the misalignment of interests and how people are not getting a comprehensive picture of the tools and strategies out there, and he decided to make things clearer.
Listen in to learn how to take control of your future finances and orchestrate your wealth building without abdicating or subordinating your wealth plan. You’ll gain clarity on the confusing and jumbled world of financial and investment tools and hear Bernard’s insight on many of the issues that trip people up so you can do better with your finances.
- 2:13 – Introducing Bernard and what he does to help real estate pros.
- 3:05 – How he got involved in his niche.
- 5:34 – The confusion of what’s out there and why it’s so important to take control of your own finances.
- 7:57 – Common reasons for issues in investment and financial products.
- 10:15 – What ties inefficiency to opportunity.
- 11:45 – How to get started and find the right opportunities.
- 15:00 – How to see the truth about your returns.
- 17:27 – What Bernard does to help his clients with deference and compounding of taxes.
- 19:45 – How to balance distributions and deferrals based on tax rates and brackets.
- 21:15 – The benefits of Roth and when to do that.
- 24:00 – How Roth IRA works for future generations.
- 25:02 – Why you have to be involved in the right custodian that allows for true self-direction.
- 26:25 – The benefits of checkbook control.
Featured on the Show:
- Bernard Reisz: LinkedIn | Investopedia | Twitter | Facebook
- 401k Checkbook
- Agent Financial
- Captive Insurance
- Peter Thiel & Mitt Romney
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book: “From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider: If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind: If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group: If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: