Ep #205: Jared Behnke – Options for Selling Your Dental Practice in the World of Private Equity
When the time comes to consider liquidity or retirement, it can be daunting to understand the options available, especially as the market is changing. Jared Behke has a deep understanding of the dental market and has joined us to share his take on the current market trends and what your options are for selling. He explains the benefits that come with these market changes and the opportunities that often get overlooked.
Jared describes important aspects of DSOs that are typically misunderstood and how they can actually be beneficial while still leaving plenty room for smaller practices to thrive. He also shares his experience working with many practices and how he and his team are able to guide them through the processes of selling and negotiating. Listen in to learn how changing your view on the options available can be important when trying to find the best fit for you and your practice.
- 1:03 – Introducing Jared and his history in finance.
- 1:45 – The difference between investment banking and business brokering.
- 3:00 – Why they work with and spend the most time in the dental field.
- 5:58 – The positive aspects that come out of the changes in the market and DSOs.
- 9:26 – Where the DSO trend is going and if there’s still room for small and boutique style practices.
- 12:43 – The change in the amount of options available for selling your practice.
- 17:49 – How Jared is able to help his clients make good decisions when selling.
- 22:29 – Comparing and contrasting the different opportunities available in the market.
- 25:22 – What will happen to the industry if the market tightens up again.
- 29:36 – How retail will be looking to grow in healthcare.
Featured on the Show:
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book: “From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider: If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind: If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group: If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: