Ep #203: Paul Moore – How to Lose Money
Learning from mistakes and living with faith, generosity, and purpose is a big part of Paul Moore’s life, and he has found ways to mesh this mission with business. In this episode, he shares his rags-to-riches story, as well as how he found his way into real estate. You’ll learn a lot from his perspective on giving, the importance of having a bigger mission, and fighting back against human trafficking.
Paul discusses why we should all talk about struggle and failure—rather than just the highlight reel of our lives—in order to encourage improvement and learning. He also shares his interest in multi-family real estate and how he is operating and preparing for the future in the current market. When it comes to investing, Paul has some really great advice on vetting and making the best decisions.
- 1:33 – Paul’s background and journey in business, real estate, and entrepreneurship.
- 3:00 – The importance of sharing failures as well as successes.
- 6:39 – Paul’s story of rags-to-riches gone wrong.
- 8:25 – The difference between investing and speculating—and why you don’t want to confuse the two.
- 10:50 – How Paul “gave” his way out of debt and where that led him.
- 16:49 – The importance of having a big ‘why’ and a team with a similar goal and mindset.
- 18:48 – How Paul started his real estate business and uses it to fight human trafficking.
- 22:20 – His view on the current markets and how he is preparing for the future.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Paul: Website | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- How To Lose Money Podcast
- Bigger Pockets Blog
- The Perfect Investment by Paul Moore
- Ohio State University
- Ford Motor Company
- Ernst & Young
- HGTV episode
- Callaway Gardens
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller
- George Muller
- Warren Buffett
- Howard Marks
- Exodus Cry
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book: “From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider: If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind: If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group: If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.