Ep #186: Paul Goodman – Dental Nachos
What do nachos have to do with good dentistry? Dr. Paul Goodman will fill you in on that while discussing important issues with dental school and the future of dentistry. He shares why he thinks dentists need to be nicer and why he’s so passionate about working and collaborating with other dentists.
Paul talks in detail about where he thinks dental schools go wrong and the negative effect it has on many dentists who are trying to do it all on their own. He also shares how dentists can counteract the issues that hit hard right after school and even further down the road by doing and thinking about things differently. He has some great wisdom and insight on the dental industry and has the ability to share the bigger picture and solutions with us.
- 1:42 – Why dentists need to learn how to be nice again.
- 5:28 – Why dental schools should teach clinical work first.
- 8:04 – How Paul’s dad’s example and mentorship shaped how he works today.
- 12:00 – About the unpreparedness of dentists when they leave dental school.
- 14:23 – Paul’s view of what’s to come for the dental industry.
- 18:01 – If the time and investment in dental school costs produce an ROI.
- 20:56 – DSOs and the future of dentistry.
- 22:48 – Practice transitions and the importance of planning early.
- 24:46 – Dealing with the fear of losing your identity if you leave your practice.
- 27:20 – The story behind dental nachos.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Paul Goodman: Website
- Dental Nachos Facebook Group
- Dental Amigos Podcast
- Gerald Benjamin
- Dr. Chris Griffin
- Nifty Thrifty Dentists
- Dentist Boost
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book: “From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider: If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind: If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group: If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.