Ep #173: Salena Kulkarni – Wealth Does Not Necessarily Equal Freedom
Seeing things from a different point of view can really refresh how you understand things and change how you do things. On this episode, I’ll be chatting with Salena Kulkarni who is an expert in finance and real estate. She brings a whole new perspective not just from her side of the world but from how she sees leverage and diversification in different ways.
Salena shares her unconventional way of joining the finance world and gives us a taste of where her drive and passion for the field comes from. She shares some helpful tips and strategies that will help specifically with investing in property. She also gives advice on the biggest challenges faced by investors and why wealth does not equal freedom.
- 6:49 – Why and how Salena got started in real estate.
- 10:40 – How Salena uses leverage and thinks about it a bit differently.
- 13:10 – What it means to “build a business case.”
- 15:45 – The two things that make a great business case.
- 16:00 – What she thinks is currently the best property strategy.
- 21:15 – Salena’s view on defensive investing and what diversification should look like.
- 24:13 – The biggest challenge facing investors.
- 25:38 – How she locates the best places and products to invest in.
- 30:00 – Why wealth doesn’t necessarily mean freedom.
Featured on the Show:
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book: “From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider: If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind: If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group: If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.