Ep #166: Dave Van Horn Pt. 2 – The Best Place to Start Real Estate Investing
Dave Van Horn is back on the show! If you tuned in to last week’s episode, then you had the chance to hear a really phenomenal interview with him, which he’ll build on today.
The President and CEO of PPR Note Co. and the author of Real Estate Note Investing, Dave specializes in residential notes. Listen in to hear him speak on how professional practice owners can enter the arena of real estate, specifically in note investing, and what makes it so worthwhile.
- 3:25 – What’s different about real estate debt.
- 5:56 – How society steers us wrong.
- 8:30 – One crucial thing that most of us aren’t taught.
- 11:03 – The story behind PPR Note Co. and what they do.
- 12:37 – What challenges come with seller-financed loans.
- 16:50 – The valuable lesson Dave’s company learned when the market tanked and the value of their portfolio dropped.
- 20:00 – A great resource for note investing.
- 22:39 – The two fundamental exit strategies with notes.
- 23:33 – One thing that makes people nervous about note investing.
- 27:48 – Tips for people just starting out in investing.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: