Ep #165: Dave Van Horn Pt. 1 – Getting on the Right Side of the Financing Business
Many of us are on the receiving end of financing but Dave Van Horn joins us on the show to share about the other side of financing and why it’s worth learning about. He steps us through his initial introduction to real estate and the note business. You’ll get some great tips and tricks on how to use financing to your advantage rather than let it always take advantage of you.
Dave also talks about how he navigated the crash using his real estate savvy and note business. He emphasizes the importance of using assets to pay for liabilities and gives a specific framework of how to make this happen. Ultimately he gives us a great starting point and simple steps to start financing on a whole new level.
- 1:50 – Learn about the book writing process and how Dave managed it on top of all his other commitments and projects.
- 3:50 – What the PPR Note Company is and what Dave’s role is there.
- 6:30 – Dave’s journey from construction to real estate.
- 8:05 – How he used his credit card to start investing.
- 15:15 – The transition into starting PPR.
- 17:00 – Where he finds his best deals.
- 18:28 – The other side of financing and how he shifted that direction.
- 19:57 – How he paid for his own student loans and then how he did it differently for his son.
- 24:30 – How he is passing on the financing knowledge to his son and grand children.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: