Ep #159: Jay Malik – Neutralizing the Tax Monster
Between taxes, market changes and massive amounts of debt, dentists are running into more financial issues. Jay Malik joins us to share his expertise on financial management and tax reduction that he uses to help dentists find a sustainable and stress free financial plan. He is an out of the box thinker who has found his passion in working with doctors to make better financial decisions.
Jay discusses common problems dentists run into such as high student debt or tax overpayment and why these become such big issues. He talks about how people can employ better strategies to hang on to more of their hard earned money. He emphasizes the importance of working on your taxes all throughout the year in order to take advantage of money saving strategies.
- 4:40 – Why Jay only works with dentists and chiropractors.
- 5:57 – Common problems faced by dentists and chiropractors that Jay has worked with.
- 8:30 – How changes in markets are changing and effecting dentists.
- 11:30 – How younger doctors can pay off their massive amounts of debt.
- 15:00 – The importance of saving and investing.
- 17:05 – What a tax coach is and why they are valuable.
- 23:10 – What specific areas of the new tax bill dentists should pay attention to in order to save on their taxes.
- 26:03 – How Jay advises clients to navigate grey areas in tax laws.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: