Ep #158: Dennis Koelsch – Creating Wealth and Passive Income Without Time, Tenants or Contractors
Today’s guest is here to break down the best ways to invest in real estate. Dennis Koelsch is known and respected in the real estate arena, and has been for many years. After graduating from the University of South Florida in 1971, he joined a small family real estate business and learned the trade, selling and listing houses, apartments, and commercial residence properties of all kinds.
Realizing the futility of working for commission, Dennis developed and utilized many techniques aimed at the acquisition and ownership of real estate for his own personal portfolio. He wrote and taught the first college-level course on real estate exchanging in Florida in the early 80s for St. Pete Junior College, and currently serves as President of the St. Petersburg Board of Realtors and President of the Florida Real Estate Exchangers.
In this episode, Dennis shares the insight he has gained over the years, how he used real estate investing to escape the trap of trading time for dollars, and how you can do the same—even if you don’t have experience in the field.
- 4:13 – What makes it challenging for dentists to do real estate the right way—and what to do about it.
- 6:26 – The problem with property management companies.
- 7:54 – How Dennis connected with his joint venture partner.
- 13:10 – Advice for buying below market value.
- 16:45 – How Dennis acquired interest in a real estate property when he didn’t have the money to buy it.
- 20:55 – Tips for leveraging today’s historically low interest rates.
- 22:10 – The advantages of real estate over the stock market.
- 24:17 – How to find the right person to find and negotiate real estate deals.
Featured on the Show:
- Dennis Koelsch: Website
Get the Full Episode Transcript: