Ep #155: Dr. Alan Mead – Spotlights with an Industry Leader and a Donkey Named Floyd
Dentist and practice owner Dr. Alan Mead is undoubtedly one of the major influencers in the dental industry. An active blogger since 2008, he is the man behind TheBloggingDentist.com and one of the creators of The Dental Hacks Podcast, which has been downloaded over 1 million times. Alan is also the creator of The Alan Mead Experience, a more personal podcast about dentists and the stories they tell.
Thankfully, Alan isn’t afraid to open up about his own story and personal challenges, as well. In this episode, he talks about his struggle with addiction and how it led to his much-needed mindset shift to get him on the road to recovery. He shares his advice for younger dentists, the importance of following your passion without asking for permission, and much more.
- 1:52 – The rundown on miniature donkeys.
- 4:30 – Alan’s struggle with drug addiction and how he overcame it.
- 10:40 – Tips for dealing with the shame of people knowing about a drug addiction.
- 14:20 – What Alan’s time in treatment helped him realize about his mindset.
- 17:28 – The most important thing that’s ever happened to Alan.
- 19:21 – How to decide what content to take in when there are only so many hours in a day.
- 22:22 – The demographic that dental podcasts are reaching.
- 27:35 – Advice for younger dentists.
- 29:30 – An overview of the upcoming Voices of Dentistry event.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: