Ep #144: Melanie Johnston & Alexis Barclay – Changing Smiles, Changing Lives
If you’ve ever had braces or dental work done to improve the appearance of your smile, then you know firsthand how big a difference having straight, white teeth can make in a person’s life. Even if you haven’t, it’s not hard to understand why our teeth have such a substantial influence on our confidence level. Our smiles are a big part of the way we present ourselves to the world, and if we don’t feel good about them, it can have a serious impact on self-esteem—especially for children.
That’s what makes Smiles Change Lives such a noble organization. They work to help children whose self-esteem is impacted by having crooked teeth, and whose families can’t afford the full cost of braces, receive orthodontic treatment. Here today to share more about the organization are Melanie Johnson, Marketing Director, and Alexis Barclay, Director of Provider Services. Listen in to learn how Smiles Change Lives literally changes children’s lives every day, and how you can become a part of their worthwhile mission.
- 6:40 – The origin story of Smiles Change Lives (SCL).
- 11:24 – How the organization finds the families they serve.
- 15:15 – Why putting a fee structure in place has helped SCL find more children.
- 19:35 – The screening process for clients.
- 22:16 – Benefits for providers who team up with SCL.
- 25:15 – Requirements for providers to join the organization.
- 26:32 – Marketing initiatives that SCL provides for their dentists.
- 31:59 – The best way to get in touch with SCL.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Melanie Johnston: Email
- Connect with Alexis Barclay: Email
- Smiles Change Lives: Website | 816-474-0052
Get the Full Episode Transcript: