Ep #126: Breaking Free of the Golden Handcuffs with Dr. Buck Joffrey
We all encounter points that make us question our path: is this what I should be doing? Is there another way? Today’s guest Dr. Buck Joffrey had one such moment, and has successfully pivoted from surgeon to real estate investor in a matter of years.
In this episode, Buck talks about what inspired him to make such a bold career change, and how he’s started and sold several businesses along the way. We also talk about how he got so good at direct marketing and creating a brand, not a job.
Buck shares how his dad’s work in real estate inspires him many years later and talks about how his med school experience shapes his business sense today. We also touch on the importance of mastermind groups and making connections with people you admire.
- 1:50 – Buck’s background and what inspired his shift from medical practice to real estate.
- 3:30 – Why doctors sometimes struggle with risk-taking and building wealth outside of trading their hours for money.
- 7:32 – How his background as the son of an immigrant shaped his opinion of work and wealth.
- 11:20 – What drove Buck to medical school in the first place.
- 14:17 – Buck’s first encounter with Robert Kiyosaki’s work that turned the tide of his professional life.
- 17:15 – How he started, grew, and left two businesses before his most recent one.
- 22:48 – Where Buck got his serious marketing chops.
- 24:15 – What he’s learned about the necessity and ROI on great mastermind groups.
- 28:34 – What a week in the life of Buck is like nowadays.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Buck: Website | Twitter | Podcast
- 7 Secrets of Eternal Wealth by Buck Joffrey MD
- Find the FREE ebook version here!
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
Get the Full Episode Transcript: