Ep #96: Good Success in Life and Business with Wayne Sheaffer and Tom Olson
We’re really excited to welcome two real estate sages and close friends to the podcast: Wayne Sheaffer and Tom Olson! Wayne and Tom are the masterminds behind Good Success, a real estate company with a powerful motivation to give back to others.
Wayne and Tom built their company in the wake of the real estate crash of 2008. Building on a foundation of four core values, they’ve created a widely-recognized investment company in the Midwest that closes an average of 15 deals a week.
Whether or not you invest in real estate, Wayne and Tom share some essential advice for anybody out there running a business. They talk about how they achieve their targets for growth, the importance of identifying your end goal, and why they’re not in investment merely for the money.
Listen in below…
- 1:00 – How David met Wayne and Tom in the wake of 2008’s real estate crisis as they built their business.
- 3:05 – The meaning of “good success” and how it’s shaped the Good Success business model.
- 4:40 – The four core values of Good Success and why it’s important to give back through business.
- 7:50 – Why real estate is a good vehicle through which Tom and Wayne can do charitable and community work.
- 9:05 – The initial growth, employment, and profit goals of Good Success that paved their lucrative path.
- 15:55 – Definitions of turnkey properties and active turnkey properties, and the pros and cons of both.
- 20:42 – Why active turnkey properties can be riskier, but better opportunities.
- 23:40 – The huge number of offers Good Success makes every week.
- 25:19 – Why you shouldn’t (and can’t) implement this business model all by yourself.
- 26:27 – Where Tom and Wayne think we are in the market cycle, and when we may experience the next downturn.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Wayne and Tom: Good Success | When Good Is Better Than Great: A Guide to Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Joshua 1:8
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey
- Robert Kiyosaki
- John Groom, CPA
Get the Full Episode Transcript: