Ep #95: Positioning and Marketing in Good Times and Bad with Josh DeShong
Josh DeShong is a rising star in the Dallas real estate market. After completing over 100 transactions within the first two years, he was dubbed the “Golden Boy” of Real Estate by industry peers. Josh has been awarded over 50 times for excellence in production and was recently recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the top performing brokers in the United States – all before his 30th birthday.
Josh’s analytical nature has helped him figure out how to thrive in all markets by identifying inefficiencies that other brokers overlook while focusing on superior customer service. He became an individual real estate agent with Keller Williams in 2006 right before the Great Recession. That experience led him to become an expert at understanding why properties failed to sell. Leveraging this skillset, Josh has able to solve problems better than the competition and position his company to be a highly sought after resource in the Dallas real estate market.
Dental practice owners will learn a lot from Josh’s approach to running and growing his businesses. He shares how he was able to build a highly competent team and empower them to be successful. We also talk about the differences in working in and on your business. Lastly, he shares valuable insight that business owners should understand to build a practice that excels in all market conditions.
Listen in below…
- 7:38 – The systems he built to help his business thrive in tough economic periods.
- 10:25 – Early systems he adopted to help him stand out against competition in a down market.
- 11:31 – The process he uses to develop his budget and goals for the business.
- 12:47 – The challenges experienced and mistakes made when developing a winning team.
- 16:00 – An overview of his role and responsibilities with the company.
- 19:23 – Why practice owners should leverage themselves out of their business as written in the E-Myth.
- 21:40 – The culture of Josh’s company regarding testing new ideas.
- 23:00 – A discussion of the general state of the real estate market.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: