Ep #133: Debt and the Millennial Dentist – Is a Dental Career Really Worth It? with Sunny Pahouja
Dentistry is a challenging but incredibly rewarding career. For many millennial dentists, student debt presents a huge obstacle to enjoying their practice and planning for the future. But our guest today, Sunny Pahouja, is helping millennials tackle debt and investment at the same time.
Sunny is an excellent leader and has invested heavily in himself and his practice, as well as in assets to secure his future. He’s also got a talent for bringing dentists together, revitalizing the ASDA chapter at Ohio State and beginning the Dental Investment Group on Facebook for dentists to discuss investment options.
Sunny talks about his career and his advice for millennials who are in or just graduating from dental school. It’s entirely possible to pay down your debt while also investing for your retirement and enjoying day-to-day dentistry!
- 4:36 – The importance of great leadership skills and how Sunny has developed his.
- 9:19 – How millennial dentists are managing to pay down debt while also investing for the future.
- 12:43 – The two schools of thought on paying off debt, and which Sunny advocates for dentists and other millennials with student loans to repay.
- 15:51 – Which is the best investment: in oneself, one’s business, or in a 401k?
- 19:55 – Sunny’s advice for dental students who aren’t sure what to do after school.
- 26:46 – The average debt of folks coming out of dental school, and why Sunny thinks it’s still a great career path.
- 30:08 – How and why the millennial generation of dentists is so entrepreneurial.
- 32:35 – Sunny’s thoughts on the last market downturn, which many millennials didn’t experience as directly – and what he thinks his peers know about potential downturns in the future.
- 38:30 – David’s predictions about the market going forward.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Sunny: Website | Twitter
- Find Sunny’s Dental Investment Group on Facebook
- Ohio State ASDA Chapter
- Freedom Founders
Get the Full Episode Transcript: