Ep #127: Dr. Dustin Burleson Interviews Dr. Phelps on Today’s Best Real Estate Investment Strategies
In this episode, your host Dr. David Phelps switches roles and is the interviewee! David and Dustin Burleson of Burleson Seminars sit down to have a conversation about David’s own journey into real estate.
In this interview, they cover how David first discovered and jumped into real estate and the techniques that have helped him maintain consistent, predictable success. They talk about how investing in local real estate markets is the key to a successful but manageable business model.
David then talks about what makes Freedom Founders special, and why good relationships and vetting your contacts is essential for doing good business. David will be speaking at the Customer Service Summit later this year, so be sure to take advantage of this sneak preview!
- 2:20 – How David convinced his dad to invest with him in his very first rental property.
- 6:40 – Why the traditional financial retirement model often isn’t always the path to abundance in your career and eventual retirement.
- 10:00 – How David balanced having a practice and building up his real estate portfolio at the same time.
- 12:20 – How banks have made it harder to secure funds for real estate and how private equity can fill this gap.
- 14:35 – Why so many doctors once thought their practice counted a nest egg, and why many of them are realizing that’s not the case.
- 20:00 – The different types of real estate investing you can do – it doesn’t all have to be flipping houses!
- 32:15 – How David started Freedom Founders and the crucial vetting process that makes it such an excellent resource.
- 35:00 – The real estate investing model and lending practices David uses today and teaches to his mastermind groups.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: