Ep #118: Freedom Transition from Estate Lawyer to Real Estate Investor with Mary Hart
Mary Hart, today’s guest, was a valedictorian law student who now practices law in the fields of estate planning and real estate. She has also been investing in real estate for nearly 15 years. She calls on over a decade of experience in real estate to invest, make deals, and help her clients.
Mary’s expressed goal is to build a “backpack business”. She owns rental properties around the globe and has a family that loves to travel. With that in mind, Mary has strategically evolved from an estate planning lawyer to a successful real estate planner with a consistent, predictable stream of income.
In this episode, Mary gets real about the fear and anxiety that came with making a career transition. Mary and Dr. Dave believe that anyone can achieve financial freedom if they surround themselves with the right people.
- 3:25 – Mary’s roots and influences.
- 6:50 – How the decision to focus exclusively on real estate and investing gets made.
- 12:40 – Why your network is your net worth.
- 16:35 – How a mastermind group pushes you through your fear.
- 18:25 – A second family of financial friends.
- 20:55 – Why friends and family don’t always get it.
- 24:10 – Learning from other people’s mistakes.
- 27:30 – Everything you need to know about Mary’s 2-day conference, Knowledge is Money.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Mary Hart: Website | Knowledge is Money Summit
- Your Network is Your Net Worth
- Freedom Founders
Get the Full Episode Transcript: