Ep #116: The Power of Your Voice with Susan Berkley
Today’s episode is a little different than our usual interview. Our guest, Susan Berkley, is a voice actor and performer and has worked for AT&T, Citi Bank, Walmart, Dunkin’ Donuts, and Google.
Calling on more than 15 years in broadcasting experience, Susan regularly consults with businesses about how their staff sound on the phone and the tonality they project to the world. A transformation in the voice of your practice can have a massive impact from a marketing standpoint.
The empowerment and confidence of a person comes through in their voice. Strong leadership will come through in the way a team sounds. Susan’s mastery of verbal communication will improve your relationship with your patients.
- 2:50 – What it was like to work with Howard Stern.
- 7:10 – The importance of voice and tonality.
- 12:25 – Where to start assessing and improving your practice’s voice.
- 15:05 – The importance of empowering staff to solve problems.
- 18:50 – How to change and enhance your voice.
- 20:05 – The relationship between body language and the sound of your voice.
- 20:55 – Four components of trust-based selling.
- 23:40 – The monetary value of investing in your voice.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Susan Berkley: Website | LinkedIn | Great Voice Company
- Speak to Influence: How to Unlock the Hidden Power of Your Voice by Susan Berkley
- Get a free copy of Susan’s work by emailing email@example.com and reference this podcast!
Get the Full Episode Transcript: