Ep #106: Why Traditional Financial Planning is a Failed Model with Ryan Parson
Today on the show we’re hosting Ryan Parson, the Chairman and Chief Investment Officer at Heritage Capital USA, Inc. and the Mile Marker Club. He’s also the Director of Investor Relations at Colonial Capital Management. Ryan comes from a corporate financial background but has since built a successful practice helping accredited investors build wealth by focusing on alternative investments. He’s a renowned speaker on portfolio management and alternative investing with more than 20 years of experience in the finance and insurance industry.
I am a big fan of Ryan’s writings on the concept of alternative investing. He’s a solid player and connector in this sector. Today we’ll learn directly from his experience and approach to wealth preservation. Ryan recently attended a conference on alternatives to investing in traditional asset classes in Denver. We’ll talk about what he learned and the trends on the horizon.
This is a frank conversation about Wall Street and how the products they make available consistently fail investors. Those looking for more lucrative wealth-building deals that can reap the benefits of more transparency, better control, and improved returns should investigate alternative investment sources. Traditional investments are packaged in a way that is easy for us to access. However, the traditional road to wealth building may not be the most successful path for the masses. We’ll talk about what alternative investing is, how you can connect with opportunities, and why these investment opportunities can be a great way to accomplish your financial goals.
- 3:25 – Greg’s background and how he turned his profession into a successful business.
- 4:47 – A look at the conference on alternative investing that Ryan recently attended.
- 8:85 – How investors can connect with alternative investment opportunities outside of the Wall Street advisor.
- 11:50 – The benefits that investors could receive by skipping the Wall Street version of alternative investments.
- 16:00 – Why people should look into alternative investments versus using traditional retirement vehicles.
- 19:30 – Whether your risk tolerance is keeping you from experiencing explosive growth in alternative investments.
- 25:51 – How members of the Mile Marker Club are encouraged to become actively involved in managing their portfolios.
- 28:23 – Why seniors who’ve built assets and are past the point of active income production are in a heap of trouble with conservative investment opportunities.
- 32:00 – Why Wall Street doesn’t want us to become too wealthy.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: