Ep #89: Don’t Miss the Last Train Running with Frank Cava
Frank has spent his career building and investing in homes, doing so even through the financial crash of 2007-2008. He joins us to outline some similarities between the real estate climate and today’s market, and talks about why you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to get into real estate investment before it’s too late.
Frank talks about how he got started in construction and eventually investing. He then describes why now is the perfect storm for real estate investors. We also discuss the role of millennials in the market, how housing affordability may change soon, and the types of markets that are good to invest in right now.
- 3:20 – Frank’s story of the transition from construction to real estate investment.
- 7:10 – Why Frank has a very focused approach when choosing investments.
- 8:00 – Why this is the last train out for those who want to hop into investment real estate.
- 11:00 – How millennials fit into the current real estate investment scene.
- 13:55 – When Frank thinks changing affordability will start to squeeze the best renters more and more.
- 16:45 – Whether or not people are holding back from investing in real estate because market has appreciated too much.
- 18:30 – What it takes to acquire really good wholesale deals, as Frank’s firm does.
- 23:05 – How to use financial leverage to lock in today’s historic interest rates.
- 26:10 – What will happen to the marketplace and to renters as interest rates go up in the next few years.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: